PENN HILL SURGERY INFECTION CONTROL ANNUAL STATEMENT 2018-2019 - 28th Dec 2018
This annual statement is generated each year. It summarises:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken (these will have been reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure).
- Details of any infection control audits undertaken and actions taken.
- Details of any infection control risk assessments undertaken.
- Details of staff training.
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines.
Significant Events-In the past year there have been no significant events raised that related to infection control
Audits -Minor Surgery audits are conducted annually and no infections were reported
Hand hygiene audit – no concerns highlighted
Risk Assessments - an annual risk assessment is carried out so that best practice can be established and then followed. The practice was found to be compliant.
14th Nov 2018 and 15th January 2019 – the Powerpoint Presentation is also available on the Y drive with the Policies available for all the staff.
Policies, Procedures and Guidelines: All policies are reviewed on an Annual Basis and a record of this can be found on each policy. Infection Prevention and Control Policy