Patient Confidentiality and Care. General Data Protection Regulation
How information about you helps us to provide better care
Confidential information from your medical records can be used by the NHS to improve the services offered so we can provide the best possible care for everyone.
This information along with your postcode and NHS number but not your name, are sent to a secure system where it can be linked with other health information.
This allows those planning NHS services or carrying out medical research to use information from different parts of the NHS in a way which does not identify you.
You have a choice. If you are happy for your information to be used in this way you do not have to do anything.
If you have any concerns or wish to prevent this from happening, please speak to practice staff or ask at reception for a copy of the leaflet “How information about you helps us to provide better care”.
How we use your information
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website and the documents below:
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it to carry out a statutory function
More information can be found here
For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website and check the documents below: