We know that everyone is eager to find out when they will get their Covid vaccination and that this is an anxious time. The NHS is working very hard to invite people who are eligible to have their vaccination, as quickly as possible, and in Somerset, a third of all adults have already been vaccinated.
NEW – People who are aged over 60 can now book their appointment directly with the national booking service online, or by calling 119. You don’t need to wait to be contacted by the surgery.
The groups currently being prioritised for a coronavirus vaccine are:
- Residents and staff of care homes for older adults
- Anyone aged 60 and over
- Frontline health and social care workers, and adult unpaid carers
- Any adult identified as clinically vulnerable to complications following Covid-19 infection, including those on the GP Learning Disability Register
If you are aged between 65-69 (priority group five), we urge you to use the national booking service to book your appointment as soon as you receive a letter from the NHS – please don’t delay.
If you are aged between 16 and 64 (priority group six), with specific underlying health conditions that increase your risk of serious illness, you will be contacted by the GP primary care network team to invite you to your appointment, as soon as we possibly can.
You can really help to support the local vaccination programme and our surgery by:
- Attending all booked vaccination appointments at exactly the right time you’re asked to
- Unless you are in the groups being invited now, please don’t contact the surgery to seek a vaccine, you will be contacted by the NHS when it is the right time;
- and whether you have had your vaccine or not, please continue to follow all the guidance in place to control the virus and save lives.