A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to friends or family member who could not otherwise manage without help. This could be a 15 year old looking after her mum with breast cancer or an 87 year old man looking after his wife with Alzheimer's.
Are you a carer?
Too often it is not recognized that someone is a carer until they reach crisis point. Please let us know if you are a carer, we will register you and help you to get the support you need. You can talk to the receptionist, health coach, one of the clinicians or our carers champion to get more information.
Services we offer:
- Appointment flexibility
- Flu vaccinations
- Annual Health Checks
Our Carers Champion
The Carers Champion for Penn Hill Surgery is Lynne Walsh and her duties include:
- Promoting awareness of carers
- Identifying young and adult carers
- Maintaining the profile of carers across the practice
- Engaging in networking appropriate to the role
- Acting as a point of internal and external communication.